Campus Children's Centre is pleased to announce our Logo Contest!
In the summer of 2018, Campus Day Care Centre officially changed our name to Campus Children's Centre, to coincide with our expansion and merge with the university's Playcare Centre. As such, we are looking to update our old look, a process started with this new webpage and continued with the introduction of a new LOGO.
The CCC Logo contest is open to all current students at the University of Manitoba, especially those working towards a design degree. The Centre will be accepting designs from October 1, 2018 up until November 9, 2018. Submission Requirements:
- A Vector file in .eps or .pdf format (RGB format)
- Please provide the image as a high resolution .jpg or .tiff (up to 5MB, CMYK format)
- Please also provide the image as a smaller .jpg fil (400 X 400 pixels, RGB format)
- Spot colours will not be used. Please convert any spot colours to CMYK or RGB.
- Logos cannot contain any copyright material. Logos must have been created and edited by the contestant.
The Campus Children's Centre Board of Directors will decide the winner of the contest in early November. The winner will be contacted by e-mail. The Board of Directors reserves the right not to select a winner, in its sole discretion, if no suitable entries are received.
Among the elements the Board will judging are:
- Flexibility. The winning logo will appear on this webpage and in several places online. It will also be used on Centre letterhead, so it must look good in both large and small sizes, as well as colour and black/white.
- Representation of CCC. After our expansion opens, our centre will be a place of learning and growing for over 130 children, from infants to kindergarteners. Our parents cover a wide range of backgrounds and experience, from Indigenous Canadians to new immigrants, from undergrads and graduates, to administration, professors and deans. Our staff and children speak a variety of languages, including English, French, Spanish, Russian, Tagalog, Mandarin and Macedonian.
- The final version of the logo will need to be suitable for high quality printing.
- If you would like to come visit the Centre for inspiration, please make an arrangement with our Director, Dawn Montebruno, by emailing email@example.com or Melissa Watson, at Melissa.Watson@umanitoba.ca . You may take pictures, as long as none of them include the children.
- For reference, this was our previous logo. Surely you can see why we need a new one.
And now, what you've all been waiting for.... THE PRIZE.
The creator of the winning entry will be awarded an honourarium of $200.00. The winning student must be willing to sign over the unrestricted copyrights to Campus Children's Centre. Submissions should be emailed to Melissa Watson at Melissa.Watson@umanitoba.ca .
Good luck... and start designing.