This is a creamy risotto with a salty Parmesan topped with sweet roasted shrimp it’s just delicious !I think your whole family will really love it!
1 pound large raw shrimp
1 tablespoon olive oil
Freshly ground black pepper
8 cups low sodium chicken broth
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
One small white onion diced
4 cloves garlic minced
2 cups Arborio rice
1/2 Cup dry white wine
1 1/2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
1 cup finally chopped Italian parsley leaves divided
1. Arrange rack in the middle of the oven and heat to 400°F. Rinse the shrimp and pat them very dry. Place on a rimmed baking sheet, drizzle with the oil, sprinkle with the paprika and a generous amount of salt and pepper, and toss to combine. Spread them in an even layer and refrigerate while you prepare the risotto.
2. Warm the broth in a medium sauce pan over low heat.
3. In a separate Dutch oven or white, deep sauté pan, melt butter over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until soft and beginning to brown around the edges, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the rice and stir thoroughly to make sure it is coated with the butter and onions. Cook the rice for 1 to 2 minutes more. Add the wine and cook, stirring and scraping the bottom of the pan until the wine has evaporated.
4. Add the warm broth one ladle at a time, stirring frequently. Wait to add another ladle until the liquid has been almost completely absorbed by the rice. This gradual addition of liquid is key to getting the rice to release its starch and create its own delicious sauce, so don’t rush the step. If the broth is evaporating very quickly, or the rice is boiling hard, turn heat down so you just see a gentle simmer and occasional plop.Expect this stage to take about 18 minutes, and add most of the broth.
5. Begin tasting the rice after about 13 minutes to gauge how far it has cooked. The risotto is ready when the rice is still a bit chewy, and the dish has the consistency of thick porridge. In the last five minutes of cooking the risotto, put the pan of prepared shrimp in the oven. Roast until the shrimp are pink and just cooked through, about five minutes.
6. When the risotto is ready, turn off the heat and stir in the Parmesan and about 1/2 Cup of the parsley. Taste and season with salt and pepper as needed. Serve immediately, spreading risotto In pasta bowls and topping with the shrimp and a sprinkle of the remaining parsley.
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days