Watercolor paint and brushes
Cup of water and paper towels
Cutting mat (I use a self-healing mat from Making Memories.)
1. Cut two pieces of watercolor paper the correct size for your picture frame.
2. Trace your child’s handprint on one of the pieces of paper. Older children may love doing the tracing on their own.
3. Prepare an area for your child to paint the second piece of paper to look like a rainbow. Lay out watercolor paint, brushes, a cup of water, and paper towels and let the painting begin!
4. While they are painting their rainbow design, use a craft knife and cutting mat to cut out the traced image of their hand. This will serve as a mat for their rainbow artwork.
5. Give the painting time to dry completely.
6. Let your child glue the mat on top of their painting, allowing their masterpiece to peek through the portion that was cut out.
7. Place the finished artwork inside the frame. Display and gift the framed rainbow handprint silhouette. You can even display several of your child’s handprints in one collage with these frames. Whatever you choose to do with your rainbow handprint silhouettes, enjoy every moment of crafting with your child!