I love to bake cookies and I wanted to share a recipe that can be enjoyed by those with egg and dairy allergies. Coconut oil is an excellent substitute to butter and has become a staple for me! Your kids can help mix the batter, pour the ingredients in, and put the cookies on the tray. And, of course, kids make the best taste tasters.
-2 cups white flour
-1 teaspoon baking powder
-3/4 teaspoon baking soda
-1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
-1 1/4 cups chocolate chips
-1/2 cup brown sugar
-1/2 cup sugar
-1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
-1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon water
1. In one bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Whisk to combine and then add the chocolate chips.
2. In a separate bowl, combine the sugars, coconut oil and water. Whisk until completely smooth, which should take 1-2 minutes.
3. Combine the bowls and whisk until the flour is no longer visible
4. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Place the dough onto the baking sheet in two inch mounds, leaving several inches of space around each cookie
5. Put the pans into the freezer for 30 minutes
6. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
7. Bake for about 14-15 minutes
I hope you will enjoy!