I’m sharing an awesome recipe for homemade watercolour paints. These DIY paints are terrific for toddlers and preschoolers. They're really inexpensive and they work great. Making homemade paint is a great way to save money and have fun all at the same time.
Supplies and Ingredients:
4 tbsp Baking soda
2 tbsp White vinegar
1/2 tsp Corn syrup
2 tbsp Cornstarch
Muffin tray or Ice cube tray
1. Mix the baking soda and vinegar together in and wait for the fizzing to stop.
2. Add the corn syrup and cornstarch, and mix well until the cornstarch has dissolved. Pour a little bit of the mixture into the muffin tray.
*Note* Your mixture will be VERY thick. Cornstarch, when mixed with begins to act like both a solid and a liquid(think oobleck). Make sure to keep stirring it so that you can pour it. Mixing it prevents it from settling into a solid. If it does settle into a solid just dig back in with a spoon, and get it moving again, and it will revert back into liquid form.
3. Stir you colour in with a toothpick or a popsicle stick
4. Now let your paints set. Your watercolour paints have to dry completely. I recommend 24 hours but the longer the better!
5. When your watercolours are dry, simply grab a paint brush and some water and test them out!