DIY Sidewalk Chalk Popsicles
With the warm weather finally here, it’s time to bring the art outdoors. Which is why I’m sharing an awesome chalk recipes so your kids can create some gorgeous sidewalk art!
Recipe below is per color, make as much as you need per how many colored popsicles you make.
– 1/2 Cup + 3 Tablespoons of Plaster of Paris
– 1/3 Cup of water
– Few drops of food coloring (make sure it is the gel kind, liquid food coloring won’t work)
– Popsicle silicone mold
– Large popsicle sticks
– Plastic cups and spoons
1. Gather your materials.
2. Use one plastic cup per color and mix the plaster and water until a paste forms, it will resemble frosting. Mix in the food coloring until you get the desired color you like.
3. Using a plastic spoon, place the plaster mix inside the mold, add a popsicle stick in the middle, placing down as far as possible.
4. After 1 hour, the popsicle chalks would be hard enough to take out of the silicone molds. Allow them to dry upright in a cup until they are completely hardened.
These is so fun and easy to make! The kids could help by picking out the colors they want, mixing the plaster and also placing the sticks inside the molds. The sticks make it easy to store the chalk upright and have ready for whenever the inspiration strikes to have some fun outdoors.