This is such an easy and fun activity to do at home. in addition to being simple to make, I'm sure you also have all the supplies you need to put together lying around.
Scrap book paper
Hot glue gun
1. Lay a row of the popsicle sticks side by side to make a rainbow.
2. Cut two popsicle sticks in half and glue three of the halves to the back of the boat base.
3. Add another two craft sticks to the back of the boat going vertically.
4. Cut a triangle out of scrapbook paper and punch a hole in the top and bottom.
5. Cut the paper straw in half and slide the paper triangle onto the straw.
6. Place hot glue on the top of the boat and stick the straw into the hot glue. Hold the straw in place until the glue dries.
7. And you're done!
Tip: Use cold water when playing with the boats. Hot water will melt the glue, causing the boat to fall apart.